William Glasser International
William Glasser International is the official global organization that sustains, advances, and celebrates Choice Theory psychology and its applications.
William Glasser International (WGI) was authorized and recognized by Dr. William Glasser as the official international organization for Choice Theory, Reality Therapy, Lead-Management, Glasser Quality Schools and other applications of Choice Theory psychology.
WGI is the body for offering official recognition to Choice Theory psychology education, training, and faculty programs; and is the official body for authorizing and coordinating other branches or organizations around the world that teach and offer programs and services based on Choice Theory psychology, as well as offering official recognition for other programs using Choice Theory psychology.
There are currently 35 countries with official trained members, including USA, UK, Japan, Germany, France, Italy, Australia, Kuwait and Saudi Arabia.
Choice Theory - An Introduction
The 1998 book, Choice Theory: A New Psychology of Personal Freedom, is the primary text for all that is taught by The William Glasser Institute. Choice theory states that:
• all we do is behave.
• that almost all behavior is chosen.
• that we are driven by our genes to satisfy five basic needs:
survival, love and belonging, power, freedom and fun.
Choice theory, with the Seven Caring Habits, replaces external control psychology and the Seven Deadly Habits. External control, the present psychology of almost all people in the world, is destructive to relationships. When used, it will destroy the ability of one or both to find satisfaction in that relationship and will result in a disconnection from each other. Being disconnected is the source of almost all human problems whether in the professional or personal life.
Choice Theory explains how a person’s perceptions shape their reality and teaches the four components of behavior. Armed with this new knowledge, problem conceptualization becomes much easier as well as determining the most appropriate treatment method. Choice Theory is about empowering people to navigate the challenges faced in the course of life and how to get the most out of any circumstances.
Benefits of Choice Theory and Reality Therapy
Understanding and applying Choice Theory and Reality Therapy has many benefits and this seminar is a first step/introduction towards:
• Building effective relationships with even the most difficult clients.
• Clarifying what your client really wants.
• Utilizing a four-step approach to problem-solving and behavior change.
• Creating a successful plan and maximize its achievement.
• Eliminating discipline problems.
• Learning powerful strategies to calmly manage various aspects of life.
• Developing a coping mechanism for overcoming challenges.
• Improving significant relationships.
• Learning an effective strategy for helping yourself and others make effective decisions.
• Learning Strategies for more effectively reaching your goals.
• Reducing stress and distress you are currently experiencing.